Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mischa Barton Quits Hollywood Party Scene

Former The O.C. star Mischa Barton has quit the Hollywood party scene after tiring of the two-faced nature of local party girls.

Barton famously clashed with former pal Paris Hilton when she declared the hotel heiress "seems to hate everyone around her age who is more successful".

During her time on The O.C., Barton was regularly spotted out partying with then-boyfriend Brandon Davis and good pal Nicole Richie.

However, in a bid to be taken more seriously as an actress, Barton is staying away from Tinseltown's nightlife.

She says, "When I got there (L.A.) I didn't know anything about the business and you don't make the best of friends. You make a few mistakes when you're that age and it took me a while to find the friends I needed, to be truly comfortable. I'm a private person, you won't find more than four or five true friends around me, ever."

"(The tabloid persona) - it is a persona. It's not me. I think, 'Who the hell is that girl?' I'm so low-key and chilled. But the media has created a fake 'young Hollywood' where everyone hangs out together and everybody knows each other. It couldn't be further from the truth. I feel so, so different from those girls."

No comments: