Sunday, April 15, 2007

Jake Gyllenhaal Was Afraid To Do Brokeback Mountain Cliff Scene

Jake Gyllenhaal was too scared to take part in the naked cliff jump scene in Brokeback Mountain, leaving his co-star Heath Ledger to do the honors.

Ledger, who also acted nude in his latest movie Candy, says he had no fears over the scene, but Gyllenhaal quickly opted out.

He says, "That was a 45-foot drop into freezing cold glacier water. That was me. And a stuntman. Jake chose to sit it out."

"I love jumping off things. I was chomping at the bit to get up there."

An unrelated quote from Jake Gyllenhaal, "Being able to get the toys I want is one of the true luxuries of getting older. I wish I'd always known about options like climate control - to think, I used to just roll down a window!"

No comments: